It is spring and the flowers are in bloom in the Northern Hemisphere. With this outward energy, sometimes our own energy gets pulled externally.
Do you notice how you sometimes feel the urge to retreat, to reflect, regroup and maybe even push the “reset” button on your life?
And then, how often do you actually do this before the fears kick in?
Usually the fears are about not doing enough, making money, missing out on something or the pesky little voice of what we tell ourselves we “should” be doing.
How often does this happen to you?
In this energetic shift to a new way of being in our lives and in the world, there is no road map. We are entering a new consciousness, a new type of living. It is not an overnight shift, though. Just like flowers take time to blossom, we are still in the germination phase. The seeds have been planted, though, and the sprouted seedling is starting to pop through the surface.
We can see the changes happening. Kids are learning about yoga and mindfulness in school, workplaces are bringing in people like me (imagine that!) to talk with employees about creating new habits and quieting their minds. People (well, some at least) are getting tired of being tethered to their smartphones and seeking to “unplug” more and more. Just yesterday at the park, I observed parents playing with their kids, and rarely did a phone pop out. A person on al lunch break stopped and touched the leaves on the tree. Another man was sitting crosslegged with his eyes closed, smiling with his face up towards the sun.
It is happening. We are all awakening. We are seeing that we can change our ways, we can let go of our consumer-driven lifestyles and live more simply.
But we are still in the transition phase. We are the way-showers, clearing the overgrown path with machetes for our children to inherit a better world. But clearing the brush is not easy work. It takes strength, muscle and faith in what’s up ahead. It takes releasing our attachments and it takes letting go of what we once believed to be true.
There is the vast unknown that lies in front of us. We are not trained to be comfortable with this place. And this is what stops many of us from pushing out of our comfort zones, from taking risks to reach that glorious place where we share our soul gifts with the world.
But this, my friends, is what will save us. We must work past our programming, we must have the courage to descend into our shadow sides, to take the time to examine some deeply-held thoughts/beliefs/stories. Are they real? Do they need to be true?
So many of us have fears around money. This is one of the deepest, most entrenched limiting beliefs I have ever seen. It goes back thousands of years and is passed down from generation to generation.
It’s time to break the cycle. But it takes a lot of courage to do that. Inching our way down the diving board, bit by bit. And eventually we just have to jump off. It’s that faith, that trust in what we cannot see with our eyes that is scary for so many of us.
For me, feeling like having abundance is okay for me has been something I had battled with for some time. Having grown up in a family with abundance, I felt guilty. I felt different from other kids (I was told I was “rich” which basically meant to me that I was a bad person). Then I moved to a town where abundance was everywhere, but not always in a good way. I saw materialism and consumerism in excess around me, and I was terrified of becoming this myself. So I pushed money away. I despised it, did not want it. Then, I realized what I had done.
It has taken years of work to unravel my created limiting beliefs, oddly enough created by other people in my life other than my parents (this is usually the opposite for most people). Many of us sharing light also have taken vows of poverty in past lives that we can renounce.
For me, getting information from my Divine guides has been the best answer. Yesterday in an Akashic Records reading I did for myself I received information and guidance that helped to give me perspective on this pattern. I was shown a vision of a world in which all needs are met and food, shelter, clothing are abundant for all. In this world, I and many others, are free to help people as best I can, exchanging energy and sharing light, seeing into the patterns and subconscious fears to help people pull out their inner knowing and bloom. Maybe this world actually exists somewhere, or maybe it’s just a potential reality for our world.
I believe that we are shifting into this type of world, although we may or may not live in it in our lifetimes. Right now, we are in a transition phase. And this is a tricky place to be. Ebbing back and forth between realities. Many are still stuck in the old, broken way of doing things: working 40+ hours a week for a paycheck to give us the actual freedom that we seek. It’s modern-day servitude. We work our whole lives only for that promise of retirements (time, travel and leisure) but when we are almost too old to enjoy it.
We must begin to reframe this way of living. What does working for money get you? Travel, time with friends and family, joyful experiences? Yes, maybe you long for a new car and house, and yes, right now those things cost money. But would it be possible for you to have food, clothing and shelter but in a way that meets all of your basic needs (disregarding the Ego desire for bigger, better, faster and desiring what other people have)? What if you could have all of those things met, but in a way is a bit different than what you may think, or have been taught, that you “need”?
Be open to the possibilities that what you long for in life might ultimately unfold exactly as you had dreamed, but that it might look, feel and be experienced differently. And if we think it’s about just having more money, power or recognition, then we are in for a big lesson someday (because it’s not about that at all). It’s about your vibration, the feeling that having these things, that living this life, gives you.
Here are some tools that explain a bit more about what I mean and how you can actually release the fears around money.
1) Get clear on what you want. What does having money get you? Describe the kind of life you want to live. Get detailed on that (this future self meditation on my podcast might help. Write down your vision in present tense (“I am” statements) and using only positive statements (the universe hears the words you use and responds with a similar vibration so make sure they are in the positive!).
2) In your vision, imagine living in a kind of alternate universe, where all your needs are met, where you are then free to share your unique gifts. You exchange energy in this place, through currency or by getting a place to rest your head and feed your body. Feel this place, visualize this place daily.
3) Work on digging into your negative thoughts and self-limiting beliefs. Find the source (often from things we heard in childhood from parents). Identify the thoughts that are associated with something you were told or experienced and begin to separate from them. Write a letter to your parent(s) or whoever created this story and tell them you are separating from him. Describe how it affected you and why you are choosing to release the belief (this writing tool might help do all this).
4) Practice meditation. This rewires your brain to notice the negative thoughts that pop up. The ability to simply notice that a thought you are having is really just a fear allows you to begin to question if you want to choose to believe this fear anymore. Just like you notice the breath in meditation, you can train yourself notice the thought.
5) Take a risk. Explore in an area that has always interested you. Take a class. Get some friends together (who “get” you) and test out an idea with them. You don’t need to quit your job tomorrow (most of you at least), but take steps toward what your souls longs to do. Experiment, reach out to people in a field you’re curious about. And then maybe find a part-time job that pays the bills as you move into sharing your light as a healer, teacher, advocate, artist, etc. We need you to share your gifts!
6) If you’re still struggling, look for some intensive thought reprogramming through hypnotherapy (which I will be offering soon enough!) or through other tools like Neuro-linguistic programming. We can create new associations and memories in our brains, undoing our brains natural habit of connecting future, unknown situations with past, known situations (often negative). When we understand that our brains are naturally wired to keep us in a place of stasis, thinking that we are being protected, we can try to counteract this process through some dedicated, deep work.
7) Get some help from something higher than yourself. I love angels since they are such high-vibration, based in love from that pure, Divine source (God). They can help us shift our experiences, bringing lessons to the forefront for us to work on learning, which is, of course, our soul purpose in each lifetime. Spend each morning feeling an expansion of light in your heart. Ask for guidance to assist you. And, of course, express gratitude (every morning and every evening if possible). Gratitude opens your heart, raising your vibration to receive all the good things you envision for yourself.
8) Make sure you connect with other humans too. Seek out a guide to help you work through your “stuff.” For some, this will be psychotherapy/hypnotherapy, for some coaching, for others intuitive readings to get Divine information on your soul purpose/evolution. I personally like all of the above (and offer most of this myself!). And connect with people who are going through this like you. We need to know that we are not crazy, that we can get support from others who understand how we are experiencing life/feeling. (The Soulful Work Community may be just that for you).
Shedding the layers of false, negative Ego is a lifetime worth of work. But it gets easier the more we do it. We come to a greater place of learning as we move through each cycle, like the hero’s journey. For me, coming at my entire life from a place of light, guided by love and compassion, is the key. It can be challenging when it does not seem like other people around us do this, but I strongly believe that more and more people are doing this, or feeling this, every day. Have the courage to talk about what you are doing. This will give others the bravery to do the same. And ultimately our taking brave steps into the unknown, trusting in ourselves and our guides here to help us, will be how we flow forward in our shift to a new Earth of healing and love.
“Your action has nothing to do with your abundance! Your abundance is a response to your vibration. Of course, your belief is part of your vibration. So if you believe that action is part of what brings your abundance, then you’ve got to unravel that.” - Abraham Hicks