Part of being human means that we interact with other people in our lives. Sometimes this goes smoothly, other times not so much.
Interpersonal conflicts in relationships with others are important to clear up, energetically that is. When we hold grudges or can’t forgive someone, we are actually blocking our spiritual growth! As difficult as it may seem to forgive, it is really, really important (and just feels better too).
This doesn’t mean that we need to spend lots of time with people who continue to hurt us: we deserve to protect ourselves. But it does mean doing our best to clear up the negative energy that we hold associated with the experience.
Here are a few ways that seem to help (which I shared in a recent Instagram video - don't forget to follow if you haven't already!):
1) Say aloud (to yourself) “ I’m sorry, please forgive me, thank you, I love you.” This is the Hawaii’an Ho’ponopono prayer and is a powerful way to release and clear.
2) Connect with that person’s heart by sending light from yours to theirs (also known as a “loving-kindness” meditation). I shared some thoughts on this, and you can listen to a guided meditation from my podcast to help.
3) Write a letter to that person (you don’t need to send it). Start by taking some deep breaths and connecting with a loving, kind part of yourself. Give thanks if you can first for any lesson they may subconsciously be teaching you. Explain how what they did hurt you, how it affected you at the time and how it continues to affect you. Really take your time with this! Then explain why you would like to separate from the stories this experience helped to create. Talk about the beautiful way of living that will be possible for you once you release the energy! You can download a handout to help you do this, called the Hidden Stories, at my website. Breathe deeply and write until you feel a shift and release.
4) Bonus: Invoke Archangel energy - just ask Archangel Michael to help you release fear and negativity, or Archangel Raguel to help you clear up conflict. Close your eyes and just imagine their energy/colors, saying their names 3 times. Archangels can shift energy by creating opportunities for you to heal, as you will need to take action too! But magical things can happen too.
5) To take this a step further, when you change your thoughts, you change your life (and relationships), as energy is felt by all. Release subconscious blocks and create new, positive thoughts and associations in this exciting and new upcoming class series.
I hope this has been helpful in some way.