During this time of year and throughout our lives, many of us experience constant stress coming at us from all directions – in the workplace, from information overload of the electronic age, from our financial situations and even from some relationships with others. And even though smartphones have increased our feeling that we are getting more done, our levels of stress have steadily risen each year since smartphones came on the scene in the early 2000s (APA, 2017). 79% of Americans report feeling stress regularly (Gallup, 2017) and an average of 83% of visits to the doctor are due to stress-related ailments. Stress damages not only the mind, but also the body: 43% of adults suffer negative health effects from stress (WebMD, 2017).
The good news is that we can change our automatic, “fight or flight” responses to stress by re-training our brains and changing our neural pathways. One of the best ways to do this is by re-programming the automatic negative thought patterns in the subconscious mind.
In this workshop on hypnotherapy, you will learn how hypnosis can be an incredibly effective way to reduce stress and bring about increased wellbeing and peace in all areas of life.
Together, we will:
- Experience a hypnotherapy session to induce deep relaxation and change stressful thought patterns to calming, new thoughts
- Learn tips on how to bring about more calm and balance in your life through mindfulness and breath
- Practice flipping “automatic negative thoughts” thoughts that feel better with a powerful writing tool
You will leave this workshop with:
- a new sense of hope and peace
- “thought reframing” tools you can use in any moment of your life
- calming thoughts embedded into your subconscious mind!
Sunday, January 13, 3:30-5 pm at Sage Wellness Therapeutic Bodywork, 980 Forest Avenue, Suite 204, Portland, Maine. Or you can join virtually (live-streamed)! Snow date of January 20th at same time.
$10 per person. Sliding scale available (no one will be turned away due to lack of funds). Please register in advance here as there is limited seating available.