We live in a world with unprecedented levels of stress and worry. We worry about money, our relationships or our jobs. Often, these worries are based on a past experience that we re-play like a bad song stuck in our heads. Something happens to us in our lives, usually as a child or young adult. In a similar situation later in life, our memories are triggered and our brains instinctively believe that the same thing is going to happen again.
Then we re-live our past over and over. The same patterns tend to occur in our lives until we can change the associations in our brains.
The good news is that we can work past our worries and our stress. The number one best way to do by developing a regular meditation practice.
Before you think "I can't do meditation" or "Meditation doesn't work for me," consider that meditation practice can change your life. It associated with decreased levels of psychological distress, such as less anxiety, anger, depression and worry. Studies have found that the brain actually changes with meditation.
Every few months, I offer a Quieting the Mind Class for a small group of people. This is an opportunity to get support from a like-minded group of people and from me who seek to invite peace, quiet and a sense of presence into their lives.
We will meet in a small group 8 times over 2 months, as it takes about this amount of time to create new habits! The series will cover the following topics:
• Breath as Foundation
• Body Scan/Progressive Muscle Relaxation
• Mindfulness of Emotions
• Mindfulness of Thoughts
• Mindful Walking and Stretching
• Working through Resistance
• Working with Energy
• Opening Intuition and Connecting with Higher Guidance
In this program, you will train your brain to let go of attachment to negative thoughts in your everyday life. You will to “re-wire” the cycle of thought chatter and invented stories by practicing letting go of thoughts, focusing on your breath (or a healing phrase/object), and then by practicing just being aware of sensations (sounds, feelings, etc.) in your body or environment and releasing judging them as good/bad/unwanted.
Each gathering will include:
• Individual check-ins
• Individual times for each participant to share about their mindfulness practice and receive coaching guidance from me and from other participants
• Writing tools and handouts specific incorporating “quieting the mind” into daily moments in our lives
• Establishing action steps you intend to take between each session
• Guided meditations each week
• “Accountability/intention partners” to check in with each other in between sessions
• Free 2-month membership in the Soulful Work Community (includes monthly gatherings (virtual or in-person), videos/guided meditations/tools in an online platform, and a private group)
Class size is limited to 6 people only to ensure personalized attention. Virtual participation is an option! And if you miss a class, it will be recorded for you to view later.
By the end of the program, you will :
• Have lower levels of stress and anxiety
• Be able to establish a regular, daily meditation practice
• Be able to identify and separate from negative thoughts and emotions
• Have heightened intuition and an enhanced connection with divine guidance
• Enjoy a greater sense of peace, calm and contentment
• Experience transformation rippling over into all areas in your life!
This is a payment plan of $45/week for 8 sessions ($360 total). $40/week for Soulful Work Community members.
The next session begins on June 13, 2019 and meets 8 different Thursday evenings from 6- 8 pm. The dates we meet are: June 13, June 27, July 11, July 25, August 1, August 22, August 29, September 12. We will be meeting at Sage Wellness, 980 Forest Avenue, Suite 204, Portland, Maine. (Although some days we will meet outside in a "secret park!").
Please contact me at email@example.com or 207-558-3221 prior to registering to discuss if this would be right for you. Please register in advance here.